This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug libc/721] glibc-2.3.4 fails to build with gcc-4.0-20050213
- From: "matthew at linuxfromscratch dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com>
- To: glibc-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 26 Feb 2005 12:32:09 -0000
- Subject: [Bug libc/721] glibc-2.3.4 fails to build with gcc-4.0-20050213
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sources dot redhat dot com
------- Additional Comments From matthew at linuxfromscratch dot org 2005-02-26 12:31 -------
Wel, this is odd. I've tried compiling the latest snapshot (20050221) with
gcc-4.0-20050220 and still get:
rtld.c: In function '_dl_start':
dynamic-link.h:50: error: nested function 'elf_machine_rela_relative' declared
but never defined
dynamic-link.h:47: error: nested function 'elf_machine_rela' declared but never
Maybe something's wrong with my build environment - if you need/want any further
info to help track this down, let me know.
Meanwhile, the 2.3-20050221 obviously fails much earlier as the pthread.h and
other related patches haven't been applied to the 2.3 branch yet. Neither is
this bug marked as a dependency of 724. Do I take that to mean that there is no
intention to have glibc-2.3.5 compilable with gcc-4.0?
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.