This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[Bug regex/20095] New: parse_dup_op duplicates the tree exponentially when using repeated +
- From: "dualbus at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: glibc-bugs-regex at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 19:38:41 +0000
- Subject: [Bug regex/20095] New: parse_dup_op duplicates the tree exponentially when using repeated +
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 20095
Summary: parse_dup_op duplicates the tree exponentially when
using repeated +
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: dualbus at gmail dot com
CC: drepper.fsp at gmail dot com
Target Milestone: ---
For every repeated + in an extended regex, parse_dup_op seems to duplicate the
dualbus@hp:~/v$ ulimit -a | grep cpu
cpu time (seconds, -t) 1
dualbus@hp:~/v$ grep -E '.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++' <<< .
This seems to be special to +, since * doesn't behave that way.
My guess is that:
.+ is expanded to ..*
.+++ is expanded to ........*
And so on. Is this documented somewhere?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.