Re: IPv6 Support

On Wednesday, May 09 2018, Jan Kratochvil wrote:

> On Tue, 08 May 2018 17:17:34 +0200, Armánd Scholtes wrote:
>> Does GDB support IPv6 for cross platform/remote debugging.
>
> Not yet. Sergio Durigan Junior was recently talking about possibly working on
> it.

Thanks for the reply, Jan.

Yes, I am working on it.  Currently implementing IPv6 on gdbserver.

>> I have searched on the internet to obtain a definitive answer but i can find
>> any. (Results are related to patches etc)
>
> There were some patches in the past on gdb-patches mailing list so you may be
> able to apply those but they will probably need some rebases/adjustments.

Most of the patches available only implement IPv6 on GDB, not
gdbserver.  Not sure if that's enough for Armánd, but by all means,
feel free to take a look.

I expect to have something working in the next week.

Cheers,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36