Using frame to switch stacks

Hello everyone,

I'm debugging a library which uses multiple stacks. The documentation states that frame / select-frame can be used for this. However I can only seem to get it to work with stack and pc address of frames that are with in the current stack. Parameter pairs outside the stack (composing another stack) yield an invalid frame.

To show this behavior and how I invoke frame I prepared a minimal example, containing a program with two stacks and a python script for gdb. It can be found here: https://github.com/NotAC0W/gdb-switch-stacks

The repository also contains a more detailed description of the program and the output of an example run.

Am I using frame correctly or should I be using different commands?

Thank you very much for your help,

Niklas