Re: SVG version of GDB mascot (archer fish)

On 09/26/2017 01:05 PM, Andreas Arnez wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26 2017, Pedro Alves wrote:
>
>>> Since the SVG is strongly based on the original drawing,
>>> it seems to me that we can not choose the license independently.  The
>>> original fish is licensed as "CC BY-SA 3.0 US":
>>>
>>>   http://www.bluebutton.com/misc/archer.comment
>>
>> Interesting.  How did you find this, OOC?  I couldn't
>> find a link in the page.  I wasn't around when the drawing was
>> created, and I wonder whether there's something in the
>> mailing list archives that we could link to.
>
> The "mascot" page contains a link to the mascot discussion on the GDB
> mailing list.  In one of the thread's mails Jamie Guinan provided his
> archer fish logo:
>
>   https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2001-07/msg00316.html
>
> That mail points to a web page where Jamie had placed the logo:
>
>   http://www.bluebutton.com/misc/archer.html
>
> And that page contains a link to the license.  (BTW, I found it curious
> that these links are still intact.)

Ah, thanks.  Now that I follow the links I realize that I had
read that before.  When I was looking for a link earlier today,
I didn't think of following the "Jamie Guinan wrote:" link
I think because there's a horizontal rule splitting the sections
just above "Jamie Guinan drew", which made me think the sections
were totally unrelated...

Thanks,
Pedro Alves