Release Signing Keys are Susceptible to Attack

After downloading and verifying the releases on
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/, I found that the maintainers used 1024 bit DSA
keys with SHA1 content digests. 1024 bit keys are considered to be
susceptible to realistic attacks, and SHA1 has been considered broken
for some time.

http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-131Ar1.pdf, p17
https://shattered.io/

SHA1 is weak enough that a team of researchers was able to mount a
realistic attack at no great cost.

As compilers and their utilities are a high value target I would
appreciate it if the maintainers move to more secure verification
schemes.

Respectfully,
     R0b0t1.