Re: AdaCore git hooks for binutils-gdb git repo

> > Of course. I can help with the configuration as well.
>
> I would like to know more about binutils-gdb style checker; the rest
> of config is well documented. Can you share some pointers and
> eventually style checker sources/config?

Right now, the style checker does nothing. It's an empty bash script.
The idea is that projects can provide their own to perform style
checks, but the style checker has to be aware of file type (C, Ada,
shell, python, etc), to be able to apply the correct checks.

> > What's the valgrind developer's mailinglist address, so I can add it
> > to the existing list?
>
> valgrind-developers@lists.sourceforge.net

Thanks, I added it to the current list.

> I am not very familiar with git hooks administration.
> I assume Mark has obtained the old config by running 'git config' or
> some other way; but the new config
> is applied when "hooks" directory is linked to
> /sourceware/projects/src-home/git-hooks/hooks.
> Is that correct? If yes, then why to keep the old config around? If
> not, do these two coexist somehow?

I think I kept it around just in case I needed to roll back
to the old config. Right now, it should no longer be active,
so I commented that part of the config file out.

> And thank you for your response. It was really helpful!

You are very welcome.

--
Joel