Re: Rvalue references support?

On 03/09/2017 12:16 PM, Juraj Oršulić wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering if rvalue references could be debugged from
> gdb. A series for patches was sent for review in March 2016. Is this
> eventually going to be accepted?
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-03/msg00433.html

Yeah...  This is mostly been approved with some nits, but it has
lingered on with no one doing the final work.  Keith revived
that patch recently, and found some further issues with overload
resolution, IIUC.  I think it's going to be too late for 8.0 to address
those, but given that rvalue refs just don't work at all currently,
I think that we should at least make sure that that series is
included in the incoming GDB 8.0 as is.  We can always address
the discovered problems afterwards.  But maybe Keith has already
sorted everything out...  Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves