Re: Issue with Latest GDB on AIX with GCC-6.12

Hi All,
>> Yes, but I thought that there was a later comment that GCC 4.8 also
showed problems.
GCC-4.8.5 is working correctly, I have pasted the OP in earlier mail.

>>We know the exception should be caught in frame #12.  But somehow,
the run time unwinder doesn't realize this, and calls std::terminate,
meaning it can't find a matching catch for the thrown exception.
This suggests that the unwinder can't unwind some frame from the
set of frames #0 to frame #12.  The suggestion was to _add_ try/catch
blocks in some frames between #0 - #12, and do some printing in the
added catch blocks.  For example, wrap frame #6, i.e., the
kill_command function, by renaming it to kill_command_org
and add:

I tried adding try/catch block earlier in throw_it and
throw_exception_cxx functions
but got no significant results.
I had tried adding try catch block in these functions:
kill_command
command_handler
command_line_handler
execute_command
throw_it
throw_exception_cxx,
but no progress. Output is exactly same as we got earlier (Other than
extra frames for new
try catch functions). None of the print statements in catch blocks for
above functions worked.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitish