Re: Go C++ only

On 09/01/2016 07:07 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:

> Are there some guidelines about which C++ features we can use or not?

I think the biggest guideline so far is that people still want to build
gdb on systems with compilers that predate C++11, so we're stuck with
C++03 for the moment.

> Perhaps some precisions about the coding style, for C++-specific
> constructs (e.g. initializer lists).

List initialization is C++11, so it's out, at least for now.

> I suppose we'll end up copying
> what GCC does for the most part, but it should be clear.

Right, the proposal is to follow GCC's conventions:

 https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/cxx-conversion#Coding_conventions

Naturally we'll need to update the coding standards
pages to mention C++ and point at that:

 https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/Internals%20Coding-Standards

Thanks,
Pedro Alves