Re: build bot failure

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior
<sergiodj@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 10 2016, Jim Wilson wrote:

>>> Build is OK with the commit before Jim's.
>>
>> I haven't forgotten about this.  I sent email asking for a compile
>> farm account 2.5 weeks ago and got no response.  I've pinged that
>> mesage.  I see that this is still broken in the build bot, but I won't
>> be able to look at it until I get a compile farm account.
>
> FWIW, I have just disabled e-mail notifications for the AIX machine (and
> also for the RHEL-7.1 s390x).  Their reports do not seem to be reliable,
> so I don't think it's good to issue the warnings and waste time of the
> developers.
>
> I am Cc'ing David Edelsohn, who is the maintainer of both machines.
> David, if you could take a look at them and fix these errors it'd be
> awesome.

I had been testing GCC 6.1 on the RHEL s390x system and the buildbot
apparently picked up that compiler, which generated additional
warnings that were treated as errors. GCC 6 apparently finds more
warnings in GDB, which needs to be addressed in GDB.

The AIX system has not changed, so some change to GDB broke the build
on AIX.  It's warning about missing declarations. Is this related to
the C++ change?

Thanks, David