Re: New Python/Guile Unwinder API wiki page

Hi Pedro,

On 08/04/16 14:43, Pedro Alves wrote:
>> As soon as I can I get my current code into a public repo I'll link it
>> to the page above.
>
> Wonderful!

The (mercurial) repo containing the latest OpenJDK unwinder code is now
linked from the Wiki page at

  https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/UnwinderAPI

Click on OpenJDK and it should take you to

  http://icedtea.classpath.org/people/adinn/unwinder

The repo contains a README explaining how to install the unwinder into
either a product release OpenJDK or a home-brewed debug build. I'll be
updating the code over the next week

  i) to explicitly use python longs rather than ints for register values
(yes, my python really is so ropy that I thought an int /was/ a long)

  ii) to try to compute and display line numbers for addresses in
JIT-compiled methods

However, despite the above omissions it still seems to be quite useable.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd
Directors: Michael Cunningham (US), Michael O'Neill (Ireland), Paul
Argiry (US)