Re: Cross-build issues in gdb/gnulib

On 08/24/2015 10:20 PM, Paul_Koning@Dell.com wrote:
> I'm running into strange problems cross-building with V7.7.1; it looks like the same configure machinery is present in later versions as well.
>
> The problem is that the configure script in gdb/gnulib tries to run a number of tests, by building and then executing "conftest".  It does so unconditionally, there are no checks for whether this is a cross-build, specifically build = x86_64-linux, host = target = netbsd.

I have no idea why configure is trying to run the test in your case, but I just yesterday
updated master's gnulib copy to current upstream gnulib master.  Previously we had
a 2012 copy.  I don't see any AC_TRY_RUN in current master, for instance,
though I didn't check older versions.  In any case, try seeing if current master makes
a difference.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves