Re: GDB now takes 4 minutes to start up with remote gdbserver target

Doug Evans wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com> wrote:
> > A large part of the motivation for these patches was to automate
> > as much as possible so users did not have to tell GDB stuff it
> > could figure out itself.  Rather than reverting (the nuclear
> > option!)  how about we see if we can make GDB handle this.
>
> Being one of my pet peeves, I'm always on the lookout for examples,
> hoping to raise awareness.  Is this another case of gdb trying to be
> "clever" with no workaround when it's not what one wants?

No.  There is a workaround, you issue the command "set sysroot"
(with no arguments) and the sysroot gets set to the empty string,
the previous default.

The very first thing I did when considering changing the default
sysroot was to check that the previous default could be restored
by the user.  As it happened it wasn't possible, so I fixed it so
it was (see commit 811a659a779fdf93293fe1105d99e9db171a8b68).

Thanks,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/