Re: building gdb with TUI support on Windows

Ofir Cohen <ofircohenn@gmail.com> schrieb am 16:28 Montag, 29.Dezember 2014:
> Hi Hannes,
> Thanks again for the reply =].
>
> > You are aware that with the arrow keys in TUI mode you move in the source
> window, and not in the history?
>
> Yes, ofc, I'm therefore moving the window focus from source to the
> interpreter's CLI window (Ctrl+x, o),
> and only then issue the arrow up/down/left/right commands.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work, I have to get out of TUI mode (Ctrl+x,
> a), to make the arrow keys respond.
>
> On Linux, when you do the above mentioned steps, it works flawlessly.
>
> A shallow investigation, debugging of gdb with gdb, showed that
> wgetch() function (deep in the call-stack, invoked indirectly by
> stdin_event_handler), is blocking and doesn't return when the
> arrow-keys are issued.
>
> When gdb is not in TUI mode, however, getch() is called instead,
> returns promptly and issues
> the associated dispatch handler.

I forgot you could move the focus to the CLI window.
You're right, the arrow keys don't work there.

I'm always using CTRL+P/N/F/B instead of the arrow keys,
regardless of if I'm in TUI mode or not.

> I'm interested in knowing how does it work for you,
> and/or comparing the Linux flow (step-by-step debugging of gdb) with
> the Windows's one.

Except that CTRL+C might not work, I don't really have any problems.