Re: dwarf2_physname() question

Andrew Gontarek <andrewg@cray.com> writes:

> My question is why is dwarf2_physname() ignoring the DW_AT_name if it is
> present? The DW_AT_name is supposed to represent the identifier name as it
> appears in the source. Shouldn't that take priority when gdb creates the
> symbol?

DW_AT_name is there but may be broken, GDB has to rely on
DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name.  I am not very sure on this, so people who are
more familiar on dwarf can give comments on top of mine.

I find some discussions on this thread, and it may help

  [RFA] dwarf2_physname FINAL
  https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2010-03/msg00220.html

--
Yao (éå)