Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages

Doug Evans wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:13 AM, Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Gary Benson wrote:
> > >
> > > I see some options to git-rebase, --committer-date-is-author-date
> > > and --ignore-date.  I'll experiment with these the next time I
> > > rebase something and see what happens.
> >
> > Running "git rebase --ignore-date gdb/master" immediately prior to
> > pushing sets both author and commit dates to the present time on
> > all commits you are about to push.
>
> Cool.  Can you add that to the contribution checklist?

https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ContributionChecklist#Fixing_commit_dates

If we add a server-side hook to check that the ChangeLog messages in
the commit messages are correct we could also use that hook to check
that the dates in commits match the dates in the ChangeLog files.

Cheers,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/