Re: Thread names in gdb7.7(using info threads command)

Thanks Pedro for the reply.

To make things clearer, I get the thread names when I do live
debugging( Run the image from gdb and crash)
I am not getting the information only when I independently run the
image and take the core dump to be analyzed in gdb.

What my question is , whether coredump will have the required
information or not. Why I am asking this again is because I did not
understand how a gdb patch (as you have mentioned) can read the right
data from core dump. Could you please explain a bit more?

PS: I am newbie to gdb and dont understand the code quite well. If you
can give some pointers, I will try to implement the patch if it is
useful.

Thanks,
Sreejith