Re: patchwork.sourceware.org is live!

On 27 May 2014 11:52, Thomas Schwinge <thomas@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>> close patches you know you have already pushed into master.
>
> Does that mean changing the state to ÂAccepted (or ÂCommittedÂ, once
> that has been added), or ticking the ÂArchived box, or both?  What's the
> meaning of the ÂArchived box?

Only change to Accepted for now, since nobody has commented on my
suggestion to add a new Committed status.  I have no idea what the
Archived checkbox does :)

> So, does patchwork's ÂDelegate to Patch Property equal Bugzilla's
> ÂAssigned To field?  And, it is not totally clear to my why the Patch
> Review Workflow suggests to Ânot change the status of the patch if
> Âchanging the Delegate to value to their patchwork usernameÂ?

That suggestion is no longer necessary.  I have added the 'Under
Review' and 'Change Requested' statuses to the default view, so
changing state should not make those patches disappear from the queue
unless the state is Accepted, Superseded, RFC or Rejected.

> "In a perfect world", after a patch review, during which ÂDelegate toÂ
> has been set to the reviewer(s), should it then be changed to the person
> who is responsible for committing the patch (which may be the submitter,
> or the reviewer, or someone else), together with changing the state to
> ÂAcceptedÂ?

Yes, that would be good idea.

Siddhesh
--