Re: How to implement GDB MI command in Python?

On 14/04/14 07:24, Raphael Zulliger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Python to extend GDB by new commands. This works fine. Now I'd like to call these commands from within Eclipse/CDT. Because GDB supports CLI command in MI-mode, I can call my Python functions by CLI. BUT It would be better, IMHO, to use MI commands, especially for GDB/Python commands that return status information and errors.
>
> According to my research, it's not possible to create MI commands by Python. My questions:
>  - Is this correct?

Yes.

>  - If it's correct: Why is that the case? Has it simply not been implemented or are there technical issues/limitations?

Just not done (yet).  There have been various discussions on this list
about it.  There are some technical issues which you need to
consider.  I won't recap them here, they are pretty well laid out in
the archives.  So something to think about if you wanted to take a
stab at it.

Cheers

Phil