Re: MI async status output

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 07:00:54PM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On 10.04.2014 01:08, Bob Rossi wrote:
> >I'm writing unit tests for my MI parser and was trying to get
> >GDB to output some out of band, async records of type:
> >status-async-output.
> >Does anyone have a simple recipe for getting GDB to output some
> >async status output?
>
> I think the only case where "+" notification is used is load command
> with sufficiently big binary. See mi-main.c:mi_load_progress. I don't
> know whether it can be triggered without bare-metal target.

It's unobvious to me how to get GDB to trigger this functionality.

I'd be greatful if anyone could show a quick example getting code
coverage on GDB where the mi-main.c:mi_load_progress code is hit
which outputs the
      fputs_unfiltered ("+download", raw_stdout);
lines (or similiar async status output in GDB).

Any takers?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi