Re: [URGENT] Ideas for Google Summer of Code

On 02/19/2014 07:12 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:

> I am going to propose some ideas for GSoC on behalf of GDB today.  The
> deadline ends 10 hours from now (i.e., 6h UTC approx.), so it is pretty
> tight.  Here is a brief list of things that I am planning:
>
> - gdbmicli project, from Jan Kratochvil.  Jan will send me a short
>   e-mail with the details about this project.
>
> - ARI revamp.  This is a personal itch.  I'd like to improve ARI so that
>   it is more useful to us.  I will about some paragraph to describe this
>   task.
>
> I thought about other tasks (support for pipes on "run", setting up
> buildbots, etc.), but dropped those ideas.  If anyone else want to
> propose something, please let us/me know.

I'm too late now, one thought just crossed my mind: it's kind of
odd that GDB has all this pretty printing machinery in place, but doesn't
have pretty printers for its own structures, like struct type/main_type,
and VECs.  :-P  It'd be nice to address that.  :-)

--
Pedro Alves