This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB w/ Mac OS cores: "no core file handler recognizes format"
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Paul Smith <psmith at gnu dot org>, "gdb at sourceware dot org Development" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 10:50:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: GDB w/ Mac OS cores: "no core file handler recognizes format"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1391120555 dot 28742 dot 307 dot camel at pdsdesk> <20140131020928 dot GY9810 at adacore dot com>
On 31 Jan 2014, at 03:09, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Unfortunately I can't get it to work at all; I always get this error:
>> $ ./x86_64-darwin/bin/gdb -c core.54937 myprog
>> GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.2
>> Reading symbols from myprog...Reading symbols from
>> "core.54937": no core file handler recognizes format
> I don't think we support core files on this platform.
Indeed. We initially wanted to implement it, but we realized that there is no way
to link a register context in the dump core with a thread. So dump cores weren't
that useful in the context of Ada...
Now adding the support shouldn't be difficult.