This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Trailing Whitespace
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 08:00:11 +0400
- Subject: Re: Trailing Whitespace
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+XNFZP6JzmOGo=nQDd4kab8RK1zvR4sij_zgS7qdPw7C1W9Vw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140109144455 dot GA2972 at blade dot nx> <20140109145731 dot GA13720 at localhost dot localdomain> <20140109150145 dot GA3788 at adacore dot com> <52CEEE7B dot 50506 at samersoff dot net> <loom dot 20140110T042711-984 at post dot gmane dot org>
> > IMHO, better approach is to install on-commit hook blocking commits
> > with trailing whitespace (and tab characters) and leave old code as is.
> Unfortunately, commit hooks have to be set up in every local copy of the
> repository, which I can't see happening.
The best way to do this is to do it on the official repository
(on sourceware) - via the "update" hook.
We can also provide client-side hooks for the "commit", but, as you say,
it would rely on everyone of us activating them.