This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: document issue about GDB/MI output syntax
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: asmwarrior <asmwarrior at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:38:18 +0400
- Subject: Re: document issue about GDB/MI output syntax
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52B2A623 dot 2070009 at gmail dot com> <20131219180743 dot GJ26143 at adacore dot com> <52B39C3D dot 9000805 at gmail dot com>
> You see there are "nl"s after each line of GDB's message.
Thanks for doing the testing.
I think, at this point, that it's best to just send a doc update
to gdb-patches. Eli is extremely diligent in reviewing code, but
make sure to wait for either Eli or one of the maintainers to
explicitly double-check that the update better matches the code,
and that the code is doing what we wanted it to be (ie, that we're
not turning a bug into law :-)).
Intuitively, I very much doubt there is a bug in the code, but
it's easy to be careful - just need a little bit of quiet time