This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Nikos Balkanas <nikos dot balkanas at eyeonix dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:51:36 +0200
- Subject: Kernel debugging
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am developing a module for the Linux kernel. For that i have setup
the exact environment in Virtual Box and have loaded the (guest)
kernel with -g and removed the -frame-pointers. I will run gdb from
host and try to debug kernel on guest system.
What is the best approach for this scenario? GDBserver or gdbstubs?.
Gdb server is good only for userspace debugging. Will gdbstubs work?
Are they included in the recent gdb sources, or are the ones to use
since 2003 from sourceforge? I am also looking for instructions on how
to implement them. Any hints?