This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fails to break in a XTerm started by another program
- From: Teodor Petrov <fuscated at gmail dot com>
- To: GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 02:50:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fails to break in a XTerm started by another program
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <525F9457 dot 1010008 at gmail dot com>
On 10/17/2013 10:40 AM, Teodor Petrov wrote:
I have one very bizarre problem with GDB (not GDB fault probably). The
problem is that if I
have a terminal started by Code::Blocks (wxWidgets based IDE) and I
run GDB from this
terminal, the debugger fails to break on breakpoints in a simple
console c++ program.
The steps are as follows:
1. start Code::Blocks
2. start a terminal from inside it (Code::Blocks will start the terminal)
3. start GDB
The problem happens randomly, so if I repeat the 3 steps several
times, most of the times
the debugger won't work and some of them - it will.
I've asked about this problem in the IRC channel and people there
advised me to gather some
strace logs. I have the logs and they can be found here:
1. GDB works - http://pastebin.com/ubqv5XbX
2. GDB fails - http://pastebin.com/zkeJzTya
By looking at them I cannot tell where the problem is.
Can someone suggest what else can I do to find the root cause for this
I'm running Gentoo linux 64bit, kernel 3.10.5 (for quite a while),
up-to-date unstable system.
Any chance for a hint where to look for the problem? It turned out that
I'm not the
only one which sees this problem. A user on the Code::Blocks' forum
same problem. He is running up to date Arch Linux system and old release
I suppose this is bug which happens on newer systems, because at work
CentOS 6 system and there the debugger works fine 100% of the time.