This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Unreliable BFD caching heuristic
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Petr HluzÃn <petr dot hluzin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:00:31 -0200
- Subject: Re: Unreliable BFD caching heuristic
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528E454F dot 6060003 at codesourcery dot com> <87a9gjw97b dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <529DF865 dot 2070104 at codesourcery dot com> <CAC=yr6DRDsRLStnDNZW_2=0vOQY-oJHd55_nLUeb8Qetxo=yXw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: lgustavo at codesourcery dot com
On 12/03/2013 09:33 PM, Petr HluzÃn wrote:
On 3 December 2013 16:27, Luis Machado <email@example.com
> I did an experiment with using the inode number in the cache check.
> to work for the hosts that support that information. On Windows i
> fake inode numbers based on the file name and timestamp, so it could be a
> simpler solution.
On Windows you can use GetFileInformationByHandle() function, see
Thanks, but i don't think we would like to have windows-specific calls
in such a generic portion of code.