Re: A new strategy for internals documentation

On 08/09/2013 07:04 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
I'm one that thinks that there is not enough, and that expanding the
comments is not enough.  For one there's a higher level / descriptive
view that's missing with that approach.  Plus the S/N ratio when faced
with reading all the source code is much lower than when able to
browse something generated from the comments in the code.

Code comments can be about high-level view too.  Existing comments in
the beginning of event-loop.h and remote-notif.c are about high-level
view.

Document is generated from the comments, and we need some special annotations or markups to identify these comments are descriptive views for a certain module or components. Doxygen or other documentation generators are able to do that.

--
Yao (éå)