Re: FYI, I'm back on the C++ camp now.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> wrote:

> Well, that's it.  Yep, I've changed my mind.

Interesting, I should probably chime in here and apologize to Jan,
as there was a previous discussion about doing -Wc++-compat without
moving to c++,

I still haven't mustered up motivations for this... where the main
issue is that of nested structures,
both c, and c++ support nested structures but incompatibly, the c
compatible subset of c++ does not.
this in means de-nesting struct foo {  struct bar { } } like
interfaces, which I would probably advocate skipping and never fully
compiling with -Wc++-compat rather than denesting all of the
structures and putting them back together (in the case of a move to
c++)...

and given the ugliness with denesting all of gdb's structures I
figured someone would object to that anyways were we to stay at
-Wc++-compat as I don't really think it helps the code clarity.