Re: [GDB 7.6/GCC 4.8.0] Slowdown in GDB macro processing for cores?

On Tue, 2013-05-28 at 10:40 -0700, Doug Evans wrote:
> > I'll try the latest Git to see if it makes a difference.
>
> I'd be curious for before/after data with this patch:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2013-05/msg00964.html
>
> I doubt it fixes everything, or even a lot of it.

I didn't realize that wasn't pushed yet.  In any event I tried the
latest content of Git and then I also tried with the above patch
applied, and there was no appreciable improvement (I didn't do an
in-depth analysis of exactly how many times various functions were
called to see if it improved, but the iterations of the macro continued
to take multiple seconds where they take fractions of a second with
7.5.1).