Re: gdb.arch vs. gdb.base gcore test cases

On 05/03/2013 12:15 PM, Andreas Arnez wrote:
> The following two test cases are mostly identical, and their associated
> C source files are exactly identical:
>
>     gdb.arch/system-gcore.exp
>     gdb.base/gcore.exp
>
> Is there any specific reason for the two copies?  Just curious...

Well, what does git blame, and the initial submission of the
corresponding patches say?  The answer probably lies in what makes them
"mostly identical" rather than "exactly identical" being arch
specific.  If the differences are really small, then we could merge
them into gcore.exp, using istarget to guard the arch specific bits.

--
Pedro Alves