Re: A little help with JIT support

On Wed, 01 May 2013 01:05:01 +0200, Rouslan Korneychuk wrote:
> Are the addresses in an in-memory object file supposed to be absolute addresses?

According to GDB's jit.c jit_bfd_try_read_symtab yes:

  /* Read the section address information out of the symbol file.  Since the
     file is generated by the JIT at runtime, it should all of the absolute
     addresses that we care about.  */
+
        /* We assume that these virtual addresses are absolute, and do not
           treat them as offsets.  */
        sai->other[i].addr = bfd_get_section_vma (nbfd, sec);

When you generate it at runtime it should not matter much IMO, instead of
relocating it in GDB you can already relocate it yourself while generating the
symbol file at runtime.

Jan