Re: Lot of FAILs with gdb.base/structs.exp

2013/2/13 Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@redhat.com>:

> Ok, sorry, I should have noticed this earlier.  It's hard to help
> without seeing the actual patches, etc.  I looked at the OpenRISC
> website and noticed that they say "...there are still many regression
> failures [with the GDB 7.2 port], which remain to be investigated.", so
> it is really hard to say whether this regression you're seeing is your
> fault or not.
>
> I suggest you either (a) post what you're doing somewhere or (b) contact
> the toolchain development team from the OpenRISC project (best).
>
> Sorry for not being able to help more.
>
> --
> Sergio

The current OpenRISC GDB 7.5 port is here:
https://github.com/openrisc/or1k-src/tree/or1k/gdb

I ported the GDB 7.2 port hosted at opencores.org (the one you took a
look) to our new CGEN based toolchain.
So I part of the development team without knowing that much of GDB :)

Do you have any advice on the investigation method you'd use with a
program exiting like this ?:

[Inferior 1 (process 42000) exited with code 0400]
test_struct.txt:20: Error in sourced command file:
The program being debugged exited while in a function called from GDB.
Evaluation of the expression containing the function
(fun1) will be abandoned.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb)