Re: Building gdb for Android using Android-ndk

Hi Pedro,

thanks for your reply.

> You're building a gdb that runs on Android?  Or you want a GDBserver
> that runs on Android, but debug from your x86_64 Ubuntu host?

I am trying to build a standalone version of gdb that runs directly on
the device. It is coincidence that the error just occurs in the
gdbserver subproject. I am not aware of the internal dependencies of gdb
- may be one can simply disable the gdbserver subproject?

> So is "gcc" itself a native compiler running on Android?  If not,
> then you should be seeing arm-linux-androideabi-gcc or some such
> here.

You are right, this little strange detail did not catch my attention.
Looks like the configuration was not done correctly.

Therefore I deleted everything and started from scratch. Now the build
process looks correct, but stops much earlier with an error I have seen
several times before:

arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2  -I. -I./../include
 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wc++-compat -Wstrict-prototypes -pedantic
./getpagesize.c -o getpagesize.o
./getpagesize.c:64:1: error: redefinition of 'getpagesize'
/opt/android-standalone-toolchain/bin/../sysroot/usr/include/unistd.h:162:23:
note: previous definition of 'getpagesize' was here

I checked the log and noticed that the system checks that executed the
first time when I execute "make" contains several lines with
"checking for getpagesize... no".

I uploaded the complete make log here: http://pastebin.com/v3etd3Sa

Robert