RE: [RFC] ARI related: Use of GCC poison pragma

Yes, Pedro talked about simply removing the
function completely.
> I believe it was Tom, actually.
 and  Tom suggested use of poison pragma.

> > What would be the corresponding gdb file?  I suppose it would be
> > defs.h
>
> I agree that defs.h should be a good place for it.
>
> > So would a patch adding
> > #if (GCC_VERSION >= 3000)
> > #pragma GCC poison xvasprintf
> > #endif
>
> I don't think we really need the GCC_VERSION check, do we?

  I still think that this should only be
parsed by GCC.
  So a conditional to restrict to GCC compiler is needed,
but I suppose you meant that the use of a GCC prior to 3000
is not needed...

Pierre