Re: Hotspot JVM GDBJIT plugin

>>>>> "Kaushik" == Kaushik Srenevasan <kaushik@twitter.com> writes:

Kaushik> With frame filters, would JIT readers still be necessary to
Kaushik> unwind the frame or is that done from Python too?

You would still need a JIT reader to do the unwinding.

The Python feature is really just about massaging the display of frames
already found by gdb.  At least in the first revision there won't be a
way to hook into the unwinding process.  We haven't even really
discussed letting people write unwinders in Python; I guess it could be
done.

Kaushik> If they're not, are JIT readers going to be supported going forward?

Yes, they will be.

Kaushik> When is this expected to hit trunk?

Phil?

Tom