This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Why gdb-7.1 doesn't set hardware watchpoints on i7 CPU (amd64)?
- From: Yuri <yuri at rawbw dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:31:36 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why gdb-7.1 doesn't set hardware watchpoints on i7 CPU (amd64)?
- References: <4D0AD70D.email@example.com> <AANLkTinq0Tik8LU70aV81xsNeFi8=mKVvzbb1xp4s_qV@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/26/2010 21:06, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Yuri<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
All watchpoints are software.You begin by explaining what made you conclude that you can't set HW
How can I troubleshoot? How to understand why its unable to set HW
watchpoints, preferably by showing a sample program and a complete log
of your GDB session. Verifying that the same problem exists in current
CVS snapshot is also a good idea.
Sorry, I missed your reply.
This happens on all programs.
I "conclude" by seeing that it prints "Watchpoint" not "Hardware
watchpoint" and observing a very slow execution after it is set.
(gdb) watch *(char*)0x3c74340
Watchpoint 6: *(char*)0x3c74340
<...very long wait...>