This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 7.2 Support DWARF1
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jerome Segur <jerome dot segur at sogeti dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:55:19 -0600
- Subject: Re: GDB 7.2 Support DWARF1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Jerome" == Jerome Segur <email@example.com> writes:
Jerome> To one project, I need GDB 7.x (API Python) and too support DWARF1.
Jerome> Indeed, to do a re compilation of this project is impossible
Jerome> (certification!) so I must use GDB supports DWARF1 (gdb <= 6.6)
Jerome> But there, I have to use API python to automatise all scripts. (gdb
Jerome> > 7.x).
Jerome> Is there such a patch? Have you got an idea to help me?
As far as I know, there is no such patch.
Two ideas come to mind.
One, forward-port the DWARF 1 code to GDB 7.x. If it is done cleanly
and doesn't impact the DWARF 2+ code, we could put it in.
Two, write a DWARF 1 -> DWARF 4 (or 2 or 3) converter. Then use this to
generate separate .debug files. You don't have to modify your certified
binaries to do this. You would generate these only for use when