This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Get new GDB for UBUNTU from launchpad PPA
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:50:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: Get new GDB for UBUNTU from launchpad PPA
- References: <BANLkTinNKg1KMB13DChOc7E9uQ+f6mZXAg__49737.email@example.com>
>>>>> ">" == Hui Zhu <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> 3. The package is named "gdb-7.3" and "gdb-trunk", and the GDB that
>> installed to the system is named "gdb-7.3" and "gdb-7.3.5". So it
>> will not affect the GDB that you install in before. You can use the
>> old one directly if you got some trouble with the new one.
I think it is a mistake to call it "7.3" -- a version which has not been
Distros that ship modified or early releases modify the --version output
to show something different, e.g.:
opsy. gdb --version
GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.1-34.fc13)
Please do the same with your releases.