Re: RFC: Unwind info for PLT

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> Anyway, I think hardcoding this in the linker would be problematic,
> we couldn't tweak it, so providing some special hidden symbols around
> the .plt section and let glibc crtfiles provide it sounds like the best
> option to me.

I think that when the linker generates code it should generate unwind info
for it to allow accurate backtraces from any instruction (both .eh_frame
and .debug_frame, or target-specific forms on some targets).  The details
of this generated code may not be part of the ABI on all targets, may vary
depending on the linker version and may be a lot more complicated than a
single PLT section - there are lots of purposes for which the linker may
generate code.  I don't think glibc crtfiles are a good place for it.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com