This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ReBranch - a record-replay debugging tool
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: pi3orama <pi3orama at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:20:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: ReBranch - a record-replay debugging tool
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <BANLkTi=Mk0-PXb=7m0RZvEt7jegz17JXHw@mail.gmail.com>
On Thursday 09 June 2011 17:06:44, pi3orama wrote:
> However, currently the gdb replayer itself is a modified version of gdbserver, the code and replay performance are both bad (because gdb doesn't support control-flow only debugging now). If someone can help me to implement it in gdb, then I can remove the ugly gdbserver patch code from ReBranch, it will be perfect.
Can you clarify what do you mean by "control-flow only debugging"?
(Note: I haven't had the time yet to read your document on ReBranch,
so I don't really know how it works or why would you need gdbserver