This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Sending signal to inferior program.
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: logitech <supriya dot rao17 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:17:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Sending signal to inferior program.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:32:13 +0200, logitech wrote:
> I wish to send a signal to the inferior program at a specific time.
I do not know how is GDB related to it. Cannot you just write an independent
C program which will wait till that time and call kill (thatPID, SIGsome)?
>From GDB when you stop the inferior first (CTRL-C) you can send a signal:
(gdb) help signal
Continue program giving it signal specified by the argument.
An argument of "0" means continue program without giving it a signal.