This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Addition of a special memory reading command
- From: Petr HluzÃn <petr dot hluzin at gmail dot com>
- To: Tomas Martinec <fyzmat at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 21:04:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: Addition of a special memory reading command
- References: <BANLkTi=rs+62oeC3X5qV_C=HCRYrSTQpZg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTimO18hnvOGpbtEHUTUo0Nbpq0yxXg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTinXFt_Q+nJtnGu8=+REe6w5pUMagA@mail.gmail.com>
On 1 June 2011 18:35, Tomas Martinec <email@example.com> wrote:
> The cli form of the "info proc mappings" command is not very suitable
> for the frontend. Maybe creating an MI equivalent to the "info proc
> mappings" would be nice. The MI form also enables me to specify the
> thread. That is needed in my VM scenario, because I represent
> processors as threads and each processor can be in different
> addressing mode.
Are you aware GDB remote protocol can debug multiple processes at the same time?
Separate processes may be more appropriate if the addressing modes are
very different - which I do not know.
> Would you accept this improvement?
Someone else has to answer this. I am just a regular observer here,
not a developer or a maintainer.