Re: GDB Python API: stop/continue after breakpoint

> Kevin> * in event.stop.connect() that's possible, but I can't
> Kevin> `gdb.execute("continue")' the execution because I would miss any
> Kevin> "non-python" reasons to stop (ie, a user-breakpoint, a signal ...)
>
> I think you should be able to examine the stop event object to see what
> caused the event. ?If the event is a gdb.BreakpointEvent, and if
> event.breakpoint is your breakpoint, then do what you want.

I'm afraid that's impossible to do it with the current implementation, look:

def handle_double_stop(event):
	print "Stop event: ", event.breakpoint.number
gdb.events.stop.connect(handle_double_stop)

(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 2
(gdb) run
Stop event: 1

... as far as I know, there is no 'easy' way to know that Bp 2 was hit as well