Re: Work on the SIS ERC32 Emulator

> Regarding licensing,
>
> - The copyright holder of the modified code would be my Employer.  That
>   seems reasonable given that SIS is copyrighted by ESA and/or Jiri
>   Gaisler.

Unfortunately, I don't think that this is going to be possible.
The FSF should be assigned the copyright for all software contributions
to GDB. There is actually some legal paperwork to go through with
the FSF in order to put a copyright assignment agreement in place.
The simulator is part of GDB, so gdb/CONTRIBUTE is a good source of
information on how to contribute to the project.

> - We would prefer to release the code under GPLv3+, but GPLv2+ would be
>   fine as well.

We have transitioned GDB to GPL v3, so that's not going to be a problem.

--
Joel