Work on the SIS ERC32 Emulator

Hello.

My employers decided to pay me to improve the 'sis' ERC32 emulator which
is part of the gdb distribution (sim/erc32 in the redhat repo).  In
principle they will be paying 4 hours per week.  The investment may be
increased depending on the outcome of the activity.

The main goals of the activity are:

- To improve the performance of the emulator.  We will start
  implementing the basic performance tricks: threaded code, caching of
  condition codes, etc.

- To make the emulator flexible enough to simulate boards used in
  current spacecrafts.

- Eventually, to advance 'sis' to emulate LEON2 and LEON3 as well as
  ERC32.

Regarding licensing,

- The copyright holder of the modified code would be my Employer.  That
  seems reasonable given that SIS is copyrighted by ESA and/or Jiri
  Gaisler.

- We would prefer to release the code under GPLv3+, but GPLv2+ would be
  fine as well.

Are those goals and requirements compatible with your roadmap?

We are or course willing to consider any technical suggestion you may
have and to adapt to the development guidelines/policies of gdb.

--
Jose E. Marchesi    jemarch@gnu.org
GNU Project         http://www.gnu.org