Re: Backtrace extraction ONLY gdb

> >From what I read it gives a very 'raw' output, very far from the
> >beautiful gdb backtrace with function names and function arguments
> >values.

You would be indeed missing the function argument values.  But
getting the function names from the addresses can be done later on,
using a tool such as addr2line.

The best option, IMO, is to get your process to dump a core file.
You'd then debug on a separate host using that core file. A few
companies I know do that routinely.

--
Joel