Re: make clean doesn't run in gdbserver/common

On 02/23/2011 11:36 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> What happens if you do a "make distclean" on a platform where both GDB
> & GDBserver get built automatically in one "make"? It looks like we
> will first do a distclean in gdb/ first, deleting gdb/common/Makefile,
> and then do a distclean in gdbserver/, which will try to do a distclean
> a second time in gdb/common, no? The second one will fail due to the
> missing Makefile.

There are two common dirs in build tree, under gdb/ and gdbserver/
respectively, so it is not a problem to run 'make distclean' on top of
gdb build tree.

When building native gdb, it is redundant here to build libcommon.a for
the same target twice, but given gdb and gdbserver should be built
separately, we have to build libcommon.a separately.  Yes, we can think
of a method to build libcommon.a once when building a native gdb.

--
Yao (éå)