Re: Testing Call frame information in .debug_frame section

On 15 February 2011 23:11, Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/13/2011 07:10 AM, Petr Hluzín wrote:
> > http://xfree86.cygwin.ru/ml/binutils/2010-08/msg00109.html
>
> I'll agree that a better error message would be helpful.
>
> To answer a question within that message:
>
> > By the way: Why AVR target does not understand CFI? What needs to be
> > done in binutils? And in GDB?
>
> ?TARGET_USE_CFIPOP
> ?DWARF2_DEFAULT_RETURN_COLUMN
> ?DWARF2_CIE_DATA_ALIGNMENT
> ?DWARF2_LINE_MIN_INSN_LENGTH
>
> are the macros that need to be defined,

I am a little confused here. I was under the impression that changes
to GCC files alone would suffice. I am missing something here. Are the
above mentioned changes required for assembling CFI information in
assembly files in binutils?

( I see that i386 defines  them in gas)

> ?tc_cfi_frame_initial_instructions
>
> may be required depending on what the state of the unwind
> info incoming to a function. ?Have a look at tc-i386.c,
> tc_x86_frame_initial_instructions for a typical stack-based
> call mechanism.
>
> For the nearly related task of dwarf2 line numbers, you need
> a call to dwarf2_emit_insn emitted immediately before each
> insn is added to the frags. ?Again, see tc-i386.c for ideas.

Anitha